I am so excited!! My electric pressure cooker arrived and I can’t wait to make all these delicious vegan food and share the recipes with you. All the cooker’s features and instruction are in Korean as I am currently in South Korea. So I had to take some time with a translator app to figure out the buttons and some of the features. I have experimented a few dishes and after a successful experiment, I am so eager to share this simple and delicious vegan lentil soup.
WHAT DID I USE IN THE HEALTHY BROWN LENTIL SOUP?
This delicious vegan soup has just 12 ingredients.
WHY IS IT HEALTHY?
This super simple vegan soup is made with whole food natural ingredients and not only that , there is no oil.
Potatoes are gluten-free, no fat, no cholesterol and they are packed with health benefits. They contain more potassium than a banana, a good source of vitamin C and B as well as fiber and antioxidants.
Lentils rich in iron, and folate. They are a very good source of zinc, potassium, vitamin B, fiber, zinc and protein.
Ginger contains powerful medicinal properties.
Paprika and Fennel Seeds – support healthy digestion.
Turmeric contains curcumin compound that helps reduce inflammation in the body.
LET’S GET STARTED!Print Recipe
Brown Lentil Soup
- pressure cooker
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cube frozen ginger
- 1 tsp black paper
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1 ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cup water
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup lentil
- Chop 3 small size potatoes, peel off 4 cloves of garlic, chop finely one medium or half large onion and prepare 1 cup of lentils along with spices and stock.
- In my electric pressure cooker, add potatoes, lentils, garlic, onion, fennel seeds, paprika, ginger, garam masala, pepper and salt. Add stock or water totalling 5 cups.
- Close the lid and set the timer on high pressure for 18 minutes. First 12 minutes, the pressure cooker will come to pressure and then cook for 18 minutes. When it's ready the pressure cooker will make a noise. You will need to release the pressure from the cooker first and when it's fully released, open the lid.
- Open the lid and enjoy healthy and delicious lentil soup.
Freeze: Fully cooked soup can be stored up to 2 months in an airtight container.
If you prefer to watch me cooking the lentil soup using the electric pressure cooker, check out my YouTube channel. I will be sharing with you all my healthy, whole-food, oil-free vegan recipes which are simple, quick and delicious. (I only share the delicious ones) 😃