Chickpeas are so healthy and delicious! There are so many things you can make from this wonder-legume. It’s cheap and high in protein and can be perfect for adding in salads, making hummus, curries, burgers, falafels or just simply munching on its own. I usually cook my chickpeas first and later on I decide what to do with them.
Today I am going to share how I cook my chickpeas using my electric pressure cooker.
WHAT DID I USE FOR BOILING THE CHICKPEAS?
- Dry Chickpeas
- Black pepper (optional)
- Himalayan Pink Salt (any salt)
- 4 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Bay leaf (optional)
WHY IS IT HEALTHY?
Chickpeas are rich in minerals, vitamins and a good source of fiber and rich in plant-based protein.
LET’S GET STARTED!
Cooking Chickpeas Using a Pressure Cooker
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups of dried chickpeas washed and drained
- 4 cups of water
- 1 ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 large dry bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare 2 cups of chickpeas. Wash them and drain the water. Peel 4 cloves of garlic, 1 – 2 bay leaves, pepper and salt.
- In the electric pressure cooker, add 2 cups of chickpeas, garlic, pepper and salt. Add 4 cups of water.
- Close the lid and set the timer on high pressure for 20 minutes. First few minutes, the pressure cooker will come to pressure and then cook for 20 minutes. When it's ready the pressure cooker will make a noise. You will need to release the pressure from the cooker first and when it's fully released, open the lid.
- Open the lid and drain the excess liquid (I use it as vegetable stock) and enjoy healthy and delicious chickpeas.
If you prefer to watch me cooking chickpeas using an electric pressure cooker, check out my YouTube channel. I will be sharing with you all my healthy, whole-food, oil-free vegan recipes which are simple, quick and delicious. (I only share the delicious ones) 😊