I am so excited! My electric pressure cooker arrived and I can’t wait to make all this delicious vegan food and share the recipes with you. All the cooker’s features and instructions are in Korean as I am currently in South Korea. Therefore II had to take some time with a translator app to figure out the buttons and some of the features. I have experimented with a few dishes and after a successful experiment, I am so eager to share this simple and delicious vegan lentil soup.
WHAT DID I USE IN THE HEALTHY BROWN LENTIL SOUP?
This delicious vegan soup has just 12 ingredients.
- Fennel Seeds
- Garam Masala
- Vegetable stock
WHY IS IT HEALTHY?
Firstly, this super simple vegan soup is made with whole food natural ingredients. In addition, it is absolutely oil-free!
Potatoes are gluten-free, have no fat, no cholesterol, and are packed with health benefits. They contain more potassium than a banana. Therefore it is a great source of vitamin C and B as well as fibre and antioxidants.
Lentils are rich in iron, and folate. They are a very good source of zinc, potassium, vitamin B, fibre, zinc and protein.
Ginger contains powerful medicinal properties. It soothes sore muscles, lowers blood sugar and even curbs cancer growth.
Turmeric contains a curcumin compound that helps reduce inflammation in the body.
LET’S GET STARTED!
I cook without adding any oils
I rarely use oil in my cooking. I often cook my dishes without oil and I use a non-stick frying pan.
I add a small amount of water when I fry my vegetables. It works very well as a substitute for oil and vegetables come out perfectly cooked without burning. If you want your vegetables to be crispy or sautéed then add a small amount of water. Adding more water will make them sweat.
For nutritional purpose of adding healthy fats to our diet, I like to eat plenty of avocados, seeds and nuts and incorporate them in my recipes when it makes sense.Print Recipe
Brown Lentil Soup
- pressure cooker
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cube frozen ginger
- 1 tsp black paper
- ½ large onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 1 ⅓ cup vegetable stock
- 3 ½ cup water
- 3 potatoes
- 1 cup lentil
- Chop 3 small size potatoes, peel off 4 cloves of garlic, chop finely one medium or half large onion and prepare 1 cup of lentils along with spices and stock.
- In my electric pressure cooker, add potatoes, lentils, garlic, onion, fennel seeds, paprika, ginger, garam masala, pepper and salt. Add stock or water totalling 5 cups.
- Close the lid and set the timer on high pressure for 18 minutes. First 12 minutes, the pressure cooker will come to pressure and then cook for 18 minutes. When it's ready the pressure cooker will make a noise. You will need to release the pressure from the cooker first and when it's fully released, open the lid.
- Open the lid and enjoy healthy and delicious lentil soup.
Freeze: Fully cooked soup can be stored up to 2 months in an airtight container.
If you prefer to watch me cooking the lentil soup using the electric pressure cooker, check out my YouTube channel. I will be sharing with you all my healthy, whole-food, oil-free vegan recipes which are simple, quick and delicious. (I only share the delicious ones) 😃
You can also check our other recipes: