The best thing about this Vegan Snack with No Added Sugar is that you don’t need to spend time figuring out the perfect egg substitute to make a cake because bananas do the same job! You just have to be 100% sure that your bananas are medium-sized and overripe, and when you find the perfect bananas you are good to go!
Table of Contents
Are Bananas Healthy?
Bananas are a great source of:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
According to Harvard, one medium ripe banana, provides about 110 calories, 0 gram fat, 1 gram protein, 28 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams of naturally occurring sugar, 3 grams fibre, and 450 mg potassium.
Best Bananas for baking
One of my main reasons for making Banana Cake or Banana Bread is to use up Bananas when they start getting brown lots spots.
Is Eating a Banana With Brown Spots Bad for You?
The brown spots simply indicate that the banana has gone from unripe to ripe. It’s perfectly safe. It’s perfectly safe until the point where the whole banana becomes brown. But I don’t usually wait for that long before using them as ingredients.
First of all, you need the following ingredients:
- Raisins – be careful as many bands have added sugar.
- Crashed Almonds
- Overripe Bananas
- Whole Wheat or Rolled Oats
- Dried Banana Chips, 100% pure with no sugar (Optional)
- You can also use dark chocolate chips as a substitute.
I Avoid Sugar in My Baking
I don't use any refined sugar, (except a tiny amount for activating yeast in some recipes) cane sugar or any type of syrups or sweeteners in my baking. When required, I use alternatives such as fruits, fresh or dried bananas, raisings, any dried unsweetened fruits and cinnamon.
Methods in making Banana Cake:
First Step: Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher and add the raisins, crushed almonds, and whole wheat or rolled oats.
Second Step: Continuously knead for about 10 minutes until all ingredients are intact.
Third Step: Bake in 180° heat for about 30 minutes. – I used an Air Fryer instead of an oven
Fourth Step: Top it with any toppings of your choice! I like to add mine with cinnamon, sliced banana, and crushed almonds.
Fifth Step: Enjoy your healthy Banana Cake with no added sugar, salt or oil!
You can also check out a delicious recipe for Air-Fried Vegan Banana Bread
Banana Cake | Vegan Snack Recipe with No Added Sugar
- 0.5 cup Dried Banana Chips 100% pure without sugar
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Crushed Almonds
- 3 pcs Full Ripend Bananas
- 3 cups Whole Wheat or Rolled Oats Blended
- Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher and add the raisins, crushed almonds, and whole wheat or rolled oats.
- Continuously knead for about 10 minutes until all ingredients are intact.
- Bake in 180° heat for about 30 minutes.
- Top it with any toppings of your choice! I like to add mine with cinnamon, sliced banana, and crushed almonds.
- Enjoy your healthy Banana Cake with no added sugar, salt or oil!